Manja Cats, Singapore & Us

Manja Cats: Tigger, Ve Ching, Harmony & Missy (in order of adoption); Singapore: Where we are currently living; Us: Alex's British, Tarsier Girl is Singaporean.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Help!

When I was a little girl, my family would take a vacation in Malaysia almost every year. When I was about 8 or 9 (I think), we drove up to Genting Highlands and stayed in the hotel there. We slept with the windows open as the air was very cool and fresh in those days. The first morning I was there, I woke up to a horrifying, petrifying sight. There was an eeky, ugly, HUGE, praying mantis on my bed looking right at me! I screamed and my dad woke up and immediately came over to pick the mantis up and show it the door (or in this case, the window). Since then, I've always been creeped out by insects, especially the praying mantis.

So it is with a great deal of self control that I sit here writing this posting calmly as an eeky, ugly, HUGE praying mantis haunts my living room. Harmony is bravely stalking it, of course, but she hasn't had much luck catching it, as it's on the ceiling. I saw it there when I woke up this morning (it wasn't there last night) and it must have been there for a long time 'cos the cats are all kind of bored with it already. I hope it decides to leave soon.

Here's a picture of it, but I'm afraid it's not a very good one, as I'm too scared to go near it and my camera phone does not have a zoom lens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home