Manja Cats, Singapore & Us

Manja Cats: Tigger, Ve Ching, Harmony & Missy (in order of adoption); Singapore: Where we are currently living; Us: Alex's British, Tarsier Girl is Singaporean.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

New Home-made Toy


















Tigger is a greedy little cat who really loves his treats. I thought it might be more interesting for him to actually work for his treats instead of having them handed to him, so I came up with this little 'toy'. All you need is the cover of a Slurpee drink. The next time you buy a Slurpee from 7-11, just save the cup cover. Put your cat's treats on the floor, cover it with the cup cover and voila!, you have a new cat toy! Note: it only works with greedy cats who would do anything to get their paws on the treats! He can see the treats because the cover is transparent and he can also smell the treats because there's a hole on top of the cover. Tigger usually takes about 5-10 minutes to get the cover off the treats.

3 Comments:

Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I got a box for Christmas wif a hole in one side just big enough for me to paw inside it. Mom puts a toy in there and I chase that box all ofur the plact to get it out. Then I sumtimes put the toy back in myself! Then she found a peanut (wif the shell) and put that in the box, and it's the bestest! I want my own slurpee top... moooooom!

12:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesn't work for me... my cats get it within 10 secs...

sighs... more suggestions? With 6 cats, they all need more distractions before they start whacking each other again.

8:21 pm  
Blogger Tarsier Girl said...

Your cats are very clever. Tigger is silly. He still takes awhile to get the treats although he's had a lot of practice.

I've tons of store-bought toys at home to keep them amuse. Must catalogue and post them one day.

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home