Manja Cats, Singapore & Us

Manja Cats: Tigger, Ve Ching, Harmony & Missy (in order of adoption); Singapore: Where we are currently living; Us: Alex's British, Tarsier Girl is Singaporean.

Monday, July 10, 2006

McCafe Cappuccino





















A couple of weeks ago, I went to the McCafe outside Isetan supermarket at Shaw Centre. I was just looking for a quick bite to eat and coffee to keep me awake. I ordered a cappuccino and was very surprised by how decorative it turned out to be. But a beautiful cuppa like this comes at a price though. The price is patience, quite a bit of it.

When the barista had finished making the cappuccino, he asked if I would like chocolate or cinnamon on top. I selected chocolate, expecting chocolate powder to be lightly dusted on the foam. Instead, he took out a squeeze bottle and used it to draw 2 consecutive circles of chocolate sauce on top of my coffee. I thought, now my cuppa looks like it can be used for target practice, except that it's short of a centre. Not very creative. But it didn't stop there. He next took a little stirrer and started drawing lines from the rim to the centre of the cup. He would wipe the stirrer after every one of the 7 lines that he drew. As I was feeling extremely sleepy and in desperate need of my caffiene, this seemed to take forever. When he finally finished drawing and my cappucino now looked like a flower, I wanted to snatch the cup from him, but alas, it was not to be. He now started to draw more lines, this time from the centre to the rim of the cup, once again wiping down the stirrer with a napkin between each.. and.. every.. slow, long, line.

By the time he had finished his masterpiece, I had become desperate to drink it. Thank goodness I was the only one in the queue at the time. If I was the last person in a long queue that day and he was still mucking about with my drink, I would probably have done him an injury.

1 Comments:

Blogger auntie p said...

I had cuppacino at the same place some weeks' back, but there wasn't any artistically-inclined barrista....thank goodness! I like my coffee piping hot, if possible.

9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home