Manja Cats, Singapore & Us

Manja Cats: Tigger, Ve Ching, Harmony & Missy (in order of adoption); Singapore: Where we are currently living; Us: Alex's British, Tarsier Girl is Singaporean.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Green Spaces

I read with a shudder this morning, a suggestion in The Straits Times Forum page that East Coast Park be turned into Singapore's version of the Gold Coast. Personally, I like my green spaces. It makes a dense city state like Singapore a lot more livable.

Currently, my area is undergoing IUP Plus. It is a combination of the Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP) and the Interim Upgrading Programme (IUP). As part of the upgrading, the patch of greenery (including 3 trees) in the middle of my U-shaped block, will be turned into an amphitheatre. There is already a large amphitheatre at the town centre across the road and a smaller one in a neighbourhood park about 7 minutes walk away. So why do we need yet another amphitheatre? I just don't know.

Soon, when I look out of my flat, all I'll see is concrete, concrete and more concrete.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home