Manja Cats, Singapore & Us

Manja Cats: Tigger, Ve Ching, Harmony & Missy (in order of adoption); Singapore: Where we are currently living; Us: Alex's British, Tarsier Girl is Singaporean.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Cats of Yokohama

Creating the post below reminded me that when I was in Yokohama, I took a number of photographs of the cats there. While I didn't see any cats on the streets, I did come across quite a few in their gardens and temples. Here're a few pictures that I took of those cats. The first three pictures were taken in Sankeien Garden.






















The guy in the picture is a photographer. He showed me a very thick portfolio of the pictures that he had taken of the cats in Sankeien Garden.












This cat turned up wherever I went in the garden. Maybe he was stalking me!

















Doesn't he look beautiful in the midst of all that greenery? I assumed it was a 'he', cos he was bigger than the other cats there.

















This cat was photographed in Harbor View Park (Minato-no-Mieru Oka Koen). It happily groomed itself for a long while before falling asleep, oblivious to the people who were watching.

3 Comments:

Blogger kuro.shiro.neko said...

thats what i noticed about cats in japan - they seem bigger than those in singapore. perhaps it's their thicker coats?

1:18 pm  
Blogger CatDonna & Cats said...

I've been to the Sankeien a couple of times [the husband goes to Japan on business trips and I tag along when I can]. It's beautiful! :D

I've noticed that cats in Japan really do seem to live the good life. They're all HUGE and obviously well fed... they're incredibly cuuuute.

Love your pics. May I link you from my blog? :)

8:18 pm  
Blogger Tarsier Girl said...

catdonna, Sorry for the late reply. Yes, of course, you can link my blog to yours!

9:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home