Manja Cats, Singapore & Us

Manja Cats: Tigger, Ve Ching, Harmony & Missy (in order of adoption); Singapore: Where we are currently living; Us: Alex's British, Tarsier Girl is Singaporean.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

No Junk Mail Please!


I'm tired of receiving junk in my mail box. It's a waste of resources and terrible for the environment. Although I have locked my mail slot to prevent all and sundry from stuffing junk leaflets into the box, I still have to contend with promotional mail delivered by the postman and leaflets stucked onto my gate. I have not thought of a way in which I can stop all those leaflets from being left on my front step, but I'm going to try and minimise the junk mail I get through the postman.

My efforts to reduce junk mail started about a month ago and I've been moderately successful. The first thing I did was to call up Singpost and opt out of their Admail service. I came across this service on their website by accident:

Opt-Out Service
Residents who do not wish to receive unaddressed promotional mail through SingPost’s Admail service, can call our hotline number 6845-6210 to inform us.
Our operating hours are
Monday to Friday: 0830am to 0500pm (but closed for lunch from 1230pm to 0130pm)
Saturdays: 0830am to 1230pm
Closed on Sunday and Public Holidays

I've also emailed/faxed or mailed (using the postage paid envelope included in some junk mail) the organisations whose promotional mail I've been receiving. Fingers crossed that they will actually pay heed to my request.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home